Sunday, August 15, 2010

Today We Test-Drove the "Swagger Wagon"

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, you read that right - today, we test-drove a minivan.
Pres & I have been lightly entertaining the idea of getting a bigger car for a little while now. We were originally thinking of getting a Honda Element, but it only seats four (although I am enamored by the dog-friendly package). Phil told us a couple of months ago that we should get an SUV. We've talked about looking, but we also considered trying to keep my Lexus IS250 until our family outgrew it.
But, as many of you already know, last weekend I discovered that my car is too small for our growing family. Katie & Ava were over for the weekend and, instead of driving Katie's "Peachmobile" all over town, Katie loaded Ava's car seat and stroller into my car. Ava's stroller would not fit in my trunk (which is actually pretty big!) so we had to put it in the backseat. With Ava's car seat was loaded into the backseat, Katie's knees were up against the dash! There was no room for Lady! Prescott & I have yet to test our own car seat and stroller in my car, but we decided we should stop talking and start looking at SUVs and minivans.
So this morning, after walking Lady along the Marina del Rey breakwater, we stopped by the Toyota dealership. We looked at one Highlander and two different Siennas. We test-drove a Sienna SE - and it was really nice! We couldn't believe we were looking at minivans, and we laughed together quite a bit about the situation, but we cannot deny that the Sienna is a "swagger wagon."
We are still considering our options (rumor has it, Thanksgiving is the best time to shop for a new car...if our little angel is born before then, we can ride home in the Lexus, right?), but be warned, dear friends and family, we may be old enough now for minivans!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! A mini van - I don't think I am ready for that one. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete