Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another Step in the Journey Toward a Family-Friendly Car

The 2010 Dodge Journey

Last night, Pres & I decided to explore other options in our search for a family-friendly vehicle. While we were at Carmax getting the Lexus appraised, we thought we should walk around the lot. We looked at a few different options - the Chrysler Town & Country, another minivan; the Dodge Journey, a midsize SUV; the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (oh my goodness, I've wanted a silver Wrangler since I was 15 and as I peeked inside I told Pres the story of one I saw when visiting Uncle Tom in Reno that Pres would've loved); the Jeep Liberty, a small SUV; the Honda Odyssey, another minivan (oh, boy, the used one I sat in last night smelled so foul it made me never want to consider the Honda Odyssey again); and the Chevy Tahoe, a large SUV (wow, the used one I climbed into last night was so pimped-out it would've made Brandon proud). We circled back to the Dodge Journey because it can seat up to seven and, more importantly, I had read that it is an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick for 2010. While the Toyota Sienna is more spacious, we feel it would be more responsible of us to go with the Dodge Journey. The biggest question, now, is whether I can still park without a back-up camera....

No comments:

Post a Comment