Saturday, September 25, 2010

Thinking About the Hospital Bag Already?!?

Last week, I introduced you to "This Week's Activity" from babycenter.  This Week's Activity is to start thinking about the hospital bag!

This Week's Activity:

You don't need to pack your bag yet, but start making a list of items to bring to the hospital. Besides a change of clothes and a toothbrush, some items to include:
• A photograph or object to focus on during labor (hmmm...maybe a photograph of Pres & Lady?)
• Snacks to keep your energy up and gum or mints for bad breath (I thought I wasn't allowed to eat while in labor!)
• Cozy socks and slippers (oooh the socks Court & Matt gave me for Christmas two years ago!)
• Your favorite pillow (you mean pillowS, right?!?)
• Some light reading material (how about all the baby and parenting magazines I never signed up to receive but seem to be arriving faster than I can read them!)
• A nursing nightie and nursing bra (um, I have nursing pajamas from Court...I'm gonna have to go buy a bra soon, I guess...)
• A going-home outfit for your baby (oh my goodness!  something to think about!)
• A camera or camcorder, fresh batteries, and film, if necessary (are we going to buy a camcorder now?!?)

I've read other lists that are much more extensive than this...a bit overwhelming, too, I'll admit...but I know we'll have it all in order a month from now when I've read we should actually have the bag packed!

No comments:

Post a Comment