Friday, October 1, 2010

Our 32-Week Bump

I have to admit, I'm really beginning to feel the weight.  And in the last couple of weeks, I've become terrified by the idea that our baby girl might grow to be seven to nine pounds by the time she is born.  I was only 6 pounds, 6 ounces when I was born, but Prescott was a healthy 8 pounds, 11 ounces!  And our baby girl's cousins seem to line right up with their genes: Miller cousin Ava weighed in at 6 pounds, 10 ounces when she was born May 8th, and Littlefield cousin William weighed in at 8 pounds, 9 ounces when he was born just last night.  Considering that our baby girl weighed in at approximately 3 pounds, 2 ounces almost three weeks ago and she is supposed to gain about half a pound a week for the remainder of the pregnancy...it's possible she could weigh in at about 8 1/2 pounds when she is born!  Oh my!

1 comment:

  1. I was totally scared of the same thing and guess what!!! HE WAS!!! LOL. Miles was 8lbs. 9oz. and 21in long!!! You are one of the strongest women I have ever known, and I know that If I could do it -- then you totally can!!! Look in to perineal massage. Jay and I did this and there was no tearing. It'll be weird -- but trust me -- it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete