Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Overwhelming Task of Creating a Baby Registry

This might seem silly, but within minutes of sitting down to create Peanut's baby registry I became overwhelmed by the task. Armed with The Bump's Baby Registry 101 articles and Checklists as well as Nina's list of "Must-Haves," I sat down feeling comfortable and prepared. Little did I know that I would suddenly have a list of questions, such as "Are there particular brands I should gravitate toward / stay away from?" Of course, I e-mailed my baby-question-go-to, Nina, and thank goodness she replied with the most helpful "Here, register for this" list (the first thing on her list was this adorable "Peanut" onesie, which is obviously a must-have!). While I'm nowhere near finished creating the registry, I can at least breathe a sigh of relief knowing I've gotten a great start thanks to Nina.

3 comments:

  1. DONT REGISTER YET!!! It'll be WAYYYYYY less overwhelming down the road!!! Promise :))))) And Babies-r-Us will be your guys' BEST FRIEND!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait to register... you have plenty of time. My list of must haves: DIAPERS (pick up a small package of preemie -- Miles was 8.9lbs and wore preemie for 2 weeks), WIPES, DESITIN(and I repeat Desitin -- in the giant tub),cheap BURP CLOTHS (save the cute nice ones for when you wanna show off), BOTTLES & FORMULA (even if you are breast feeding -- we had a jaundice issue and had to supplement and got caught without formula), a BOPPY, SHEET PROTECTORS (you do not want to have to change sheets in the middle of the night with only 30 minutes of sleep under your belt), RECEIVING BLANKETS (although these will only be big enough for a short period of time), ONSIES, INFANT TUB, SLING (for newborn phase - absolute life saver), INFANT CARRIER (for when they get a little bigger -- also a life saver), TRAVEL SYSTEM (our favorite -- the ORBIT -- it's so freaking expensive, but the best purchase we ever made -- trust me when I say you want 360 degree swivel -- the sun is never where you want it to be), a SWING and/or SEAT, a DIAPER BACK PACK (we had the cutsie bags --including the diaper dude -- we traded them both in for a Back Pack -- way easier to carry when you're trying to lug the lil' peanut around). If you're nursing -- a PUMP, NIPPLE CREAM, and one NURSING BRA. Other things that were great to have, but not necessarily life savers -- BUMBO, PACIFIERS, BIBS, CHANGING TABLE (complete with accessories), ROCKING CHAIR, EXERCAUSER. Ok my comment has just turned into a book -- sorry -- just wanted to share what I could not have lived without!!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh -- I almost forgot -- this sounds crazy -- but -- we used cloth diaper covers over disposable diapers and still do at 7 months. I can't tell you the number of times this has saved us from an all out disaster. We had 4 in each size and we would just use and wash as necessary. Diaper blowouts absolutely bite the big one and we have managed to only soil one outfit in 7 months thanks to diaper covers.

    ReplyDelete